CPI International Group, a company registered under the laws of Switzerland and having its registered office at Seeburgstrasse 20, 6006 Lucerne, Switzerland. The CPI International Group has been established in 1983 as an international investment, scholarly, consultancy professional organization with representatives, subsidiaries and consultants in +19 countries worldwide. In response to the global environmental challenges, CPI has established the International Energy Unit (IEU); a new company/subsidiary in the field of renewable energy and sustainable solutions.
The IEU is aiming at developing the next generation of technologies that address global needs for energy, water and food. The ultimate goal of the new company is to develop and commercialize unique technological solutions and services for leading the way towards a green economy as well as developing, licensing and manufacturing of promising renewable energy and cutting edge sustainability solutions.
The company shall provide technical support and raise funds to promote technology transfer of emerging and break through solutions in renewable energy technologies and innovative integrated systems.
The IEU strategy is creating strong bridges with Swiss and international industry partners as well as accelerating the development and commercialization of innovative technologies and solutions developed in-house or by other partners.
This is driven by the fact that CPI Group, as a leading international enterprise, existing in 19 countries for more than 30 years, has launched a new strategy to adopt and invest in cutting edge technologies that promote sustainable solutions in energy, waste to energy and waste to water technologies, water treatment & recycling and sustainable food production in arid and semi-arid countries. The sustainability solutions adopted or developed by the IEU are driven by renewable energy, including solar, solid waste and biomass as well as innovative hybrid biofuel and renewable energy systems, waste to energy and waste to water solutions. The business model of the IEU is to develop the next generation of technologies that address the pressing needs for energy, water and food security within national, regional and global contexts.
IN PURSUING THE IEU BUSINESS MODEL, THE SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES IS FOCUSING ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Development, manufacturing and commercialization of innovative concepts for sustainable and diversified renewable energy systems for increasing penetration of renewables in international markets
- Generation of energy and water from solid/organic waste and saline/contaminated water for supporting the Millennium Development Goals
- Development and manufacturing of economically viable, environmentally friendly and reliable energy storage concepts on a large scale for supporting accelerated deployment of renewable energy technologies and electro-mobility
- Development and manufacturing of advanced water/wastewater treatment concepts with minimum environmental and land footprints.
- Maximizing the potential of various renewable energy technologies including biofuels, solid waste and how they can be used most effectively for supporting national, regional and Global development goals
- To offer specialized consulting and training activities and transfer of knowledge related to the aforementioned business lines, and managing change in the fields of renewable energy, integrated water resources, and food security
- Development of strategic models for enhancing cultural awareness of environmentally friendly applications in the fields energy, water resources, and food security in developing countries and MENA region
- Developing new models for international collaboration with accredited and prestigious research institutes, universities, and NGOs and United Nations bodies
- Providing integrated, multidisciplinary and cross-cutting problem solving approaches to contribute and enhance
sustainability measures in energy, water and food production technologies.
At this juncture, IEU is expanding its international business activities in the aforementioned fields. The strategic vision of the IEU has payed considerable attention to the linkages and mutual interdependencies between energy, water, and food on both national and regional levels through development and demonstration of extensive technical solutions. Accordingly, it has been realized that there should be a significant contribution and investment in these fields to address a number of imperative issues in shaping the sustainable future of these sectors.